Saturday 11 February 2012

Lazarus Dog

An update on the last post:
Today is a lovely resurrection-type day. Patrick walked our dogs this morning past the Milagros house, and up jumped Roldan AND Toby, yapping and barking their fool heads off, chasing Tim along the fence. (Tim hates Roldan.) I recall now that Jeffrey, a beloved dog from my past, was rolled under a car in New Brighton, Pennsylvania, and survived with just a bit of his fur scraped off. So this is not a miracle.
It´s just damn lucky.
I am thanking God anyway. And St. Francis, and whomever else keeps an eye on dogs, and heard my prayers yesterday. And maybe some of yours?

Paddy is in a great mood. I don´t feel so bad myself.
Thank you, whosoever you be.
From now on, Toby will be known to us as "Lazarus."

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh hooray! I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

ksam said...

So glad you posted this..I was just getting ready to add a note to the previous...asking for any word! Happy for all, especially..you!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank the good people at Renault. It's all about ground clearance !

-Freddy

Lynne said...

Rock on, Lazarus, Reb and Paddy!

Martea said...

Love the name you gave to the dog back from the dead.... Give credit where credit is due

Michael Moretta said...

I'm happy that everything is well! I miss my sweet Moratinos and all the sweet people that live there! But in 20 days i will be back! Ciao Rebecca, Patrick and all the dogs, cat and bird......